Tuesday, August 19, 2008

If it's Monday, this must be America?

I feel like complete shit. I am completely jet-lagged out. My day started on Sunday. I take my medicine at 6 am, but I didn't get up until 7:00. Then it was the trip to Nizwa. It's about 1.5 hours or so, and I “napped” most of the way. By which, I mean that I had my eyes closed and I listened to music. After the trip, at 8 pm we met downstairs at the hotel with our luggage, and our flight left a little after midnight on Monday. On the way to Heathrow I slept about an hour. I slept another hour, hour and a half from Heathrow to Dulles. At which point I realized I had been traveling for about 21 hours, after being up for about 18, and still had 10 more hours to go. I started to wonder how long it took to drive from DC to Arkansas.

I was still doing okay at Dulles. Customs was fine, I made it through security again. I was one of the first so I skipped out on most of my group - I didn't feel up to a big hug-cry fest. I saw a few of them later on which was nice. So I left Dulles and flew to Cincinnati/Northern Kentucky Airport? I slept another hour on this flight, which was most of the flight. And this was when the jet-lag hit. I got off the plane and felt completely confused and somewhat nauseous. While I was buying water I asked what time zone I was in. I mean, I know Kentucky is easterly, but I thought Ohio was a bit more central? How the hell did I end up here? This is where I am writing this post. There's free wifi at Dulles and here, but I can't seem to get online, so you probably won't see this post until I get home.

So, only a few more hours until I'm home. Frank is cooking red beans and rice. I think I need to sleep for a week.

---------

Well, I made it home last night, but my luggage didn't. I know it was in Dulles, because I went through customs. But then it vanished. And you'll love this: Delta only scans baggage tags on arrival. So I won't know anything about my luggage until it gets to Arkansas. It wasn't on this morning's flight, but maybe it will show up tonight. If not, we're heading out to the airport tomorrow to find something out in person.

No comments: