Friday, May 23, 2014

Day 10: Du Cote de Chez Cathy et Paulo

We ate at this little restaurant beside the church in Cadouin.  At first we thought it was a pizzeria, but they offered a menu and a lunch special so we stopped in.  I ordered some tea, because it was rainy and getting chilly.  About 50 degrees, I think.  We ordered the big lunch special, because it came with salad and dessert.  And it was 13 euros.

Most of the places we've eaten, when you get a salad with the lunch special, it's a regular salad.  This place offered you a choice of one of their menu salads.  Mom got smoked salmon and I got chevre.  My salad came with toast, with melted goat cheese on it.  It was yummy.  Apparently mom's was too, by the way she scarfed down the salmon.

The main course was fish with rice.  I have no idea about the fish.  It was white.  There was a big white filet hunk, smothered in a tomato sauce with bell peppers.  It reminded me a bit of a creole sauce.  The rice was a yellow rice, one of my favorites.  And there was a little crescent-shaped puffy pastry thing on it.  It was really good!

For dessert, we had options.  Most places just bring you the dessert of the day.  Mom and I both had a little apple pie kind of thing, with a scoop of vanilla ice cream on top.  It was individual "pies" with a crumb topping, warm.

This was really a lovely place.  It was as good as our time at The Black Duck.  We sat there for over an hour and enjoyed our meal and used the wifi.  Later, a British couple sat next to us and we talked to them for a bit.  The people who ran the place didn't speak much English, but were good at communicating, and very friendly.  This is another place I highly recommend.
Edit: I think our fish was cabillaud, which appears to be cod.

No comments: