Wednesday, May 14, 2014

The Plane: part 2

The food was pretty good.  They gave us a menu before they brought out the food.  My choices were: Chicken fricassee with cream sauce, mashed potatoes, and carrots or Penne pasta with salmon and creamed leeks.  Both of those came with Quinoa salad with corn and black beans, Cheese wedge (Brie), Fruit compote, Coconut cake, Bread, and a small water. 

I took the chicken, because I grew up watching the movie Airplane.  The bread was amazing!  They brought by seconds towards the end of supper.  My menu also included a choice of drinks: Coke products, Schweppes tonic, apple/orange/tomato juice, mineral water, Heineken, red or white wine, and champagne.  Free.  After the meal you had coffee, cappuccino, hot tea, or hot chocolate.  I had the hot tea, of course.

Later on they brought by more hot tea, and a snack: an ice cream bar.

For breakfast they served a fruit medley, orange juice, bread (not as good), a blueberry muffin, and yogurt.  The yogurt was real yogurt, and a little "tingly."  I hope that makes sense.

No comments: