Tuesday, May 27, 2014

Day 14: The Voyage Home

The day started off dreary and rainy.  Mom and I went down to eat breakfast, if it was included in the price of the hotel. Which wasn't likely.  We went to the restaurant area, and a lady told us it was 11 euros and asked our room number.  We asked if there was a free breakfast, and she led us down the hall to another room, with food in it.  Turns out, it still cost 11 euros.  But the restaurant area was for tour groups, and the room down the hall was for everyone else.

We caught the 7:20 shuttle to the airport, because we weren't sure where it dropped you off.  The shuttle was a full size bus.  It dropped us off at the Terminal 2 bus drop off, where you caught an elevator down to the terminal, then walked a long ways to wherever you were going.  We finally found an information desk and were told to go to Terminal 2E.

We trek down to 2E on some moving walkways and escalators.  Once there, we see Air France at #3, so we go there.  He tells us to go to #4.  We go to the line at #4.  She tells us to use the check in kiosk next to #4.  We stand in line and do that.  I check in, but mom has an error.  We go back to the #4 line, and get separated.  She tells mom to get in line behind her, but she tells me to go to #3 to finish checking in with my luggage.  

I get down to #3 and I get to stand in line for the auto-luggage check in.  Except my boarding pass, that printed from the Air France kiosk, does not have one of those fuzzy bar codes on it.  I call an agent and she goes to a desk and prints me a new one, with the bar code.  I continue on,  but my luggage has an error.  Apparently, it's too big.  Not too heavy, too big.  So I have to go to a desk and finish checking in that way.

Finally, I'm done.  I hit the toilets, customs, and security, and I'm through to the gates!  Still no mom.  She had said something about duty-free wine, so I keep walking towards our gate until I find a wine shop.  That's where I'm sitting right now.  If I don't see her soon, I'll continue on to our gate.
Edit: While I was waiting, mom was in huge lines. She didn't show up until 9:30! Almost an hour after me.

No comments: