Friday, September 29, 2017

Last Day


I slept in again today.  More Castle in Spanish.  Frank wandered around and hit the souvenir shop by the post office.  He found me a t-shirt!  I've been looking, but there aren't that many fat Spaniards, so they didn't have many big sizes.  After he got back and cooled off for a while, we set out for lunch.

OMG!  We stopped at yet another random cafe, but this one had a menu de dia, like in France.  You got an appetizer, entree, and then a drink/coffee/dessert for about 9 euros.  I got my ensalada Valenciana.  This is the one that had a piece of white asparagus on it.  Frank got something, we weren't sure what until it arrived.  It was a bowl full of steamed mussels!  I counted and there were about 2 dozen of them!  They were so good and rich!  Lightly cooked in butter and something, maybe wine.  Wow!

Our main course was sort of a fish and rice soup.  It had fish, clams, squid, and shrimp in it, with rice, and saffron, in a soup.  Also really good.  After that we went to the supermarket and took pictures and got some candy.  Then back to the hotel to wait for supper.

No comments: