Monday, September 25, 2017

More Touristing


Today we went a little slower and left a little later.  It was supposed to be about 90 and it felt it!  That's unseasonably warm, so I'm blaming it on all you jealous haters out there ;)

We did our normal winding around and ended up at an outside exhibition of columns at the MUVIM.  They were neat. There was also an arch and statue.  Maybe of Zeus?  Frank commented on how the metal pillars around the arches had graffiti, but there was none on any of the old stone work.

We finally  made it to the Mercat!  It's awesome!  Unfortunately, there's no seafood on Mondays.  So that sucked.  I only took a few pictures because it was crowded.  It was also warm to we got fresh squeezed fruit smoothie drinkoids.  I got strawbrerry-watermelon and Frank got orange-banana.  They were so good!  They were in half sized plastic cups and cost 1 euro each.

Since it was about lunch time, we stopped at the Lebanese place I'd spied yesterday.  Unfortunately, no shish taouk (chicken kebab).  But I did get a nice fatoush.  Fatoush is a salad with lettuce, tomatoes, olives, and pita chips or crumbles in it, in a vinaigrette dressing.  Mine also had lots of radishes and black pepper.  It was nice and cool on the hot day!  Then a guy with a saxophone started playing in the nearby square.  At one point he was playing the Pink Panther song.  (I don't remember what it's really called.)

We also hit a pharmacy.  I forgot to get new insoles for my hiking boots and I could feel it.  And I had a few blisters around my toes.  Got some good gel inserts and now I'm much better.  It seems like there's a pharmacy on every block.

We did some more souvenir shopping and got some postcards to send to people.  So some of you will be getting postcards!  I also passed a paper store and bought another journal.  I got one yesterday too.  I just can't help myself.  After that, I noticed a few paper stores here and there.  Not a lot, but they were there.

By this time it was really freaking hot and we wanted to go back to the hotel and rest. Betweeen the heat and my feet, there were many stops on our way back.  Even Frank was feeling it.  He got a little heat exhaustion.  So we took it easy until dinner.

No comments: