Tuesday, September 26, 2017

Paella Valenciana


We really liked the place from a few nights ago, and they had Paella Valenciana, so we decided to try it.  We went back, and the lady remembered us.  We ordered the paella, which takes about 40 minutes.  It was at least an hour.  They give you chips when you sit down, so I ate chips while I waited on our appetizer.  We got the fried calimari again.  It was really really good.  I even tried some of the mayo that came for dipping.  It was good too.  And this time we weren't so hungry that I forgot to take pictures!

Finally, our paella came.  OMG!  It barely fit on the table.  This was the real Paella Valenciana with chicken and rabbit, and the harricut (sp?) beans and green beans.  It was amazing.  It was so rich I couldn't each a whole lot of it. I ate a hunk of chicken and a hunk of rabbit, and the rice and beans, and then I was full.  The beans were really good.  I thought they tasted funny at the organic place.  The whole dish was seasoned well, and the chicken and rabbit were also seasoned well.  I stopped eating, but Frank was determined to finish it all.  He had red wine, which really helped cut the richness.  So after a valiant effort, he finished the paella!  This was the best paella we've had in Valenciana.

After that we sat for a while and then asked for the bill.  We were both completely stuffed. But the lady brought us more shots.  This time I asked what was in them.  It's kinshasa (sp?), a white rum from  Brazil, and passion fruit.  The other night it tasted like half rum-half passion fruit.  Tonight it was like all rum with a bit of passion fruit thrown in.  I drank most of it, and Frank drank most of his.  Then we wadded our way home.

No comments: