Friday, September 29, 2017

Last Night


I liked the lunch place so much that we went back for supper.  Frank said he was still kind of full and only wanted a chicken caesar salad.  I asked if he could help if I got the dinner menu, and he said yes.  So I got the night menu thing.  It was 2 appetizers, an entree, and dessert, for 18.90 euros.

This is another OMG moment.  For appetizers, I got what was described as mini fried squid.  I also got the mussels.  That was an appetizer!  The squid was actually hunks of squid, lightly fried, and delicious.  The mussels were the same as earlier.  I ate about half and was getting stuffed.  Then my main course came out.  I had ordered what looked like a shellfish platter.  Well, a plate full of all kinds of little fried things came out.  It seemed to be squid, mussels, maybe clams and oysters.  The frying kind of overpowered these, but they were still good.

I made a mighty dent in the mussels and fried stuff.  Frank tried to help a little bit.  We'd eaten the squid since it came out first.  So imagine my surprise when a plate of shrimp came out!  Not those tiny ass shrimp you get in a lot of American restaurants, but what I call shrimp.  Frank asked if I had room, then laughed as I tore into the shrimp.  I love shrimp!!!

After the shrimp, I was even fuller.  But I still had a dessert course to go.  It was a rich, dense chocolate cake, with chocolate icing, and some real whipped cream on the side.  It was so rich and I was so full that I couldn't finish it.  Yes, I left chocolate cake on the table.

This was a fitting end to our trip.

No comments: