Monday, September 25, 2017

Yummy Dinner Again


Like I said before, here all the yummy food is just regular old food.  We found another place to try. We're starting to get used to restaurants not opening until 8 pm.  We go out in the morning, have a snack mid to late morning, then lunch around 1 pm, then back to the hotel to cool off and nap.  Then get up and go to dinner.  LOL.

We split our dishes tonight.  We had ensalada Valenciana, Galician style octopus, and iberian pork loin.  They also brought us a little tapas dish of salami on bread when we sat down.  It was really good.  Everything was good.  If you had told me I would go to Spain and eat tuna salad, I would have laughed.  But I did!  The salad was tuna, lettuce, tomato, onion, and olives.  There was a little oil on it and they brought out oil and vinegar.  The vinegar was wine vinegar and really good.  And the tuna was from a fish, not a can.  The tuna Frank had a few nights ago was so good I wanted to try more.

The octopus was great too.  I was thinking little octopi like you get in sushi.  Not so! It was 1 or 2 tentacles cut into bite sized pieces, with potatos, in paprika and butter.  The octopus was chewy and had a generic seafood taste, but it was good.  And, again, it wasn't overcooked, it was just big and chewy.

The iberian pork loin was more of the thin jamon they serve here.  Think Spanish prosciutto, but better.  There was a rectangular plate layed out end to end with the pork loin slices.  It was good, but we had to ask for some bread to cut it with.  It's really strong and a bit salty, so the bread is helpful.

After that we just went home.  We'd hit the mercadona before dinner and got some Cokes and water.  I took some pictures that I'll post later.

No comments: