Tuesday, May 12, 2015

Day 3: Air France Doesn't Suck!

And the saga to Slovenia continues...

Okay, today wasn't too bad.  We woke up early for breakfast at 6am.  As I was checking out, the guy said he needed my card for my room upgrade.  We were like what?  We paid yesterday.  Which we did.  Eventually we got through to him and he printed us a receipt.  As we were leaving I told him the AC wasn't working properly and we had called yesterday about it.  They had said they would send a technician to check it.  The guy said, We know it doesn't work.  But the AC technician couldn't get here for a few days.  I will definitely be putting that on Expedia!

So our original flight to Ljubljana said Adria Air, an Air France affiliate (so is Delta).  I looked it up on the computer and it leaves from Terminal 1.  Our shuttle bus doesn't go to Terminal 1.  So we take our bus back to where we started from yesterday at Terminal 2.  Right as we get off, another bus pulls up and it says Terminal 1.  Huzzah!  So we board that and check with the driver.

Now we're on our way.  We pull into Roissypole and the driver tells us this is for Terminal 1.  Turns out, we have to catch the train here to Terminal  1.  Thank goodness for nice drivers!  We catch the train and enter Terminal 1.  I don't see our flight on the Departures board, so I ask at information.  Turns out, our flights is actually an Air France flight, leaving from Terminal 2.  And the Adria flight LEAVES AT NIGHT.  Remember way back when, when Delta told me there was only 1 flight a day to Ljubljana?  Which didn't quite make sense as I remembered seeing more than 1 when I booked our flight.  But I was tired.

So, now we catch the train back to Terminal 2, looking for 2G.  We arrive and see a sign for F & G.  We take a bunch of moving walkways to F, and then outside F is another bus that goes to G.  Thank goodness.  Because you can't walk there.  It's in the boonies of Chareles De Gaulle Airport.  It's an older building and it's very small. 

We got in a very short line and got our boarding passes and told them my luggage was there somewhere.  Then it was through security.  They were training a lady, so I had to pull my Kindle out of my purse and get them rescanned.  Then we went upstairs to a giant seating area.  There were several shops, and I mean shops like luggage and purses, and wine.  As well as snacks and a bar.  There was a sealed off smoking area and an area for reading with some walls around to block out the sound. 

Basically, you sat here until 20 minutes before your flight, and a gate number would show up on the Departures screen and it would say Boarding.  Then you walked down to the end and through a door, leading outside.  There were 2 long, long skyways leading different directions.  At the end of ours was a large room, like a warehouse with stairways leading down to the gates.  You check through there and go outside and them clambor aboard the plane.  Easy peasy.

The flight was great!  Frank noticed that the planes we could see from the windows looked much newer than what we're used to flying on in America.  This one wasn't as noisy, and the seats seemed a bit bigger.  We could both lean back in our seat without one of us getting their shoulder smushed.

We got drinks and 2 cookies and mini-rosemary breadsticks for snacks.  But it's Air France, not Delta.  The flight was fast and I could see the Alps below us.  As we got to Slovenia, I could see Lake Bled, with its island.  I took pics so hopefully they came out.

We got in a few minutes early, walked down the stairs to our plane, and there was a bus to take us to the terminal.  Inside were 2 baggage claims.  We waited, and waited some more.  And finally, a purple bag arose from the bowels of the airport and made its grand way around the carousel!  Frank let me do the honors of pulling it off in triumph.  We made it to Slovenia!

Part II later...

No comments: