Sunday, May 17, 2015

Day 7: Posting about posting

I slept in today and took a shower, while Frank decided to head out to the Post Office and send some postcards.  I'm guessing we may get home before they get there.


Most stores seem to open mid-morning so we went out then and did a little shopping for family presents.  Found a few cool things.  I picked up a neat looking journal at the "flea market" set up on our side of the river.

We had heard about a falafel place past the market, so we kept walking thataways.  I was kind of hurting, but not too bad.  I wore some easy slip-on shoes for the airplane ride out of XNA, never thinking I was going to be running the Atlanta airport in them or tromping all over half of France looking for my concourse.  So I got a huge blister between my toes and the ball of my foot.  Once we got to Ljubljana I switched to my sandals, but I was walking funny because of the blister, so I developed another blister on the side of my foot from that.  Sigh. 

So we walked and walked.  We knew approximately where the falafel place was, but not exactly.  Eventually we turned up a lane to head back and stopped at a cafe for a bit.  We asked the waitress and the falafel place was about 100 feet down the road on our new path.

So we finally get to the falafel place.  It had 2 tables outside, and some stools inside.  Basically, you ordered at the front and a few people could sit at a bar on either wall.  Very tiny.  We got the basic falefel sandwich for 3.50 Euros.

OMG!  She took the "dough" and made the falafels fresh while we waited.  Then they were wrapped up in a huge sandwich with lettuce and onions and turnips and sauce.  They were incredible!  The falafels literally melted in your mouth. We'd been reading reviews saying how good this place was, and it really is that good.

After falafels we decided to head towards the City Gallery again.  I really wanted to see it.  Our Ljubljana cards are expired, but since they were closed when we tried to get there, I thought maybe I could convince them to let us in.  I never made it that far.  We took a slightly wrong turn off the plaza - there's like 6 roads leading off of it.  We stopped in a park to rest my feet and decided to head back.  Luckily, a Kavilir appeared!

The city had these little electric golf cart thingies driving around Old Town that you can flag down for a ride.  This one was empty so we got on.  We had to make a few stops and pick up some other people, but that let us see more of what was going on.  It's Saturday, and Old Town was packed.  There was even a wheelchair basketball exhibition by the market area.

We got to the end of Old Town and got off, and I made it back to the apartment.  I also picked up a few Bounty bars.  They're 43 cents at the grocery.  In the US, they often charge $2 for them!

I'm taking a class at NWACC corporate which started Monday.  Luckily, all I had to do is read and take a quiz.  Argh!  I finally finished the darn quiz.  Some of the information in the book is out of date, and some of the quiz questions were confusing.  And I'd swear one or two were just wrong.  But I finally got enough correct answers that they wanted, so I'm done until next week!  Yay!

After  a rest, it was time to figure out supper.  I didn't want to walk too far, after our long walk this morning, so we settled on Indian, which wasn't too far away.  It was pretty good.  There was a lot of food and the naan was huge.  After that, back to the apartment.  Tomorrow we'll start packing up so we can start the voyage home.  Hopefully there's less drama than on the way here.

Unfortunately, we're on Delta again, from Europe to XNA.  Frank made a complaint and heard back from Delta.  I made a complaint and all I got back was the auto-response.  So who knows what's going on with that.

No comments: