Saturday, May 16, 2015

Day 6: A little rain never hurt anyone...

...and is a good excuse to rest my blisters.

I slept in this morning and read my book.  After a while, Frank got bored, so he set off to have some coffee and came back slightly drenched.

Around lunch I decided to brave my blisters and we stopped at the closest restaurant we could find, just around the corner from the apartment.  It turned out to be Bosnian!

I had something that looked like kafta, while Frank had a half-and-half dish that was half kafta, half sausage.  They both came with this huge piece of fresh bread.  I don't know how to describe it.  It was half of a round piece of bread.  It was over an inch thick and sliced.  My kafta was inside it, like a sandwich.  It came with onions and butter, too.

Overall, it was delicious!  All beef, yummy.

We did a little walking after that, mainly to the bakery down the road.  I finally got my Bled Cream Cake!  And Frank got some kind of thing with sour cherries in it.  OMG!  The Bled Cream Cake is amazing!  It was so rich, I couldn't eat it all at once.  It took several tries.

For supper we walked back downtown, and found a Slovenian restaurant (you know what I mean).  I ordered a kind of goulash thing, but they were out.  I ended up with a sort of sauerkraut and bean soup with sausage.  Frank had sausage with sauerkraut and potatoes. 

My sauerkraut was milder than I'm used to and pretty good.  Frank's had almost a mushroomy taste to it.  And there was some wonderful bread to go along with it. 

Afterwards, it was home to rest the tootsies.

No comments: