Thursday, October 10, 2019

Hotel

It's been a long day.  I made it to Alicante.  I knew this was a tourist area, but damn!  Walked out of arrivals and there were about 20 people there, at least 15 holding signs.  And a man with a black lab. A couple of signs were for tour buses.

Didn't see my name so I followed instructions and walked another 20 feet to the kiosk.  A nice British lady was there.  She said my plane was early and my driver was on his way.

My driver took my bag and we went off in a big Mercedes van, which isn't quite as big a deal because this is Europe.  He was middle-aged and played an excellent 80s mix from his USB stick.  It was great!

We drove past Benidorm.  He said they have an excellent beach, but the Brits come in for 3 days and 3 nights and party.  Said he used to live there but had to move because it never shut down.

He recommended I visit a really cool church in Altea, the town next to Calpe, so I may try that. And said I had a really nice hotel.

Got checked in, then passed out for about 4 hours.  Got up with plenty of time to spare.  The hotel restaurant opens at 8 pm.  It was a buffet and it was okay. Got to make my own ensalada Valenciana!

No comments: