Thursday, October 17, 2019

It's been a long, crazy day Part 1

It started out alright.  I got up early, finished packing, and got checked out.  My driver was on time and we made it to the airport.  That's where it got tricky.   

I had been unable to check-in online, so I had to find the Iberia counters.  Got my boarding passes and headed to security.  There was a long line, but it moved pretty well.  I made it through, and my hat wasn't there.  Then it came out of the scanner by itself, not in a bin, and my Burt's Bees was gone!  I had just opened it 2 days ago!  I told the guards and they looked but couldn't find it.  Thus began my search for some kind of chapstick, before my flight.

It was a new stick, but there was a smidge left in the old one, so I didn't throw it out.  It was somewhere in my suitcase.  I found a seat and tried to feel around for it, but couldn't find it.  So I opened the suitcase up completely and still couldn't find it.

I wandered through several tourist shops, asked at various tech and kid shops, and nobody had anything.  I went up and down the terminal until I finally found that damn news/candy shop that exists in every American airport.  And then I paid almost 5 Euros for some Carmex. Sigh.

No comments: