Thursday, October 17, 2019

It's been a long, crazy day Part 4

So now I'm set. Basically I'm taking the same flight, just tomorrow. And I get a hotel voucher!

This has happened to me before. I was in Chicago, going to XNA, and the airline decided to cancel my flight, because there weren't enough people on board. Seriously. I got a hotel voucher for 50% off. This was an American airline of some kind.

The last time it happened, we missed our connection because there was a storm system nearby, and the pilot didn't want to land at XNA, so he went back to where he'd flown out of.  Seriously.  We made it to Atlanta just in time to see our plane to Paris leaving the gate.  There weren't many connecting flights to Slovenia, so we had the choice of spending the night in Atlanta and catching the same flights tomorrow, or taking a late flight to Paris and catching the same flight to Slovenia tomorrow.  I told them to get me to fucking Paris.  They put us up in a hotel, but the AC was broken.

So those are my main experiences with delays. Well, Iberia rocks! I got a hotel room, lunch and dinner tonight, breakfast tomorrow, and a 6 minute long distance phone call.

The lady gave me directions to the hotel bus, and I started the airport trek again.  Back to the end of the terminal, down the escalators, tram, escalators, passport control.  I didn't think I was ever getting out of the airport. I was exhausted, covered in sweat, my feet and back hurt, and then the cute passport guy stamped my passport and winked at me and it was all better ;)  Gotta love the Spaniards.

No comments: