Thursday, October 17, 2019

It's been a long, crazy day Part 2

So I make it to Madrid.  I'm on a little hopper plane.  We had to take an elevator to ground level, then hop a bus to drive us out to the plane, and walk up the plane's stairs.  And check our bags there, because the inside of the plane is so small.  Now we've got to do that in reverse.

We're basically on time, but that leaves me 1 hour to make my flight. Ready? Go!

I got up as soon as the plane stopped. Which took forever. We had to drive all over Madrid to get to our parking spot.  Eventually I get off the plane, but I've already missed the first bus.  I grab my bag and jump on the next one.

We drive all over and eventually are let out around K terminal.  I have to get to S terminal. So now the sprint starts. Walk all the way down to the end of the terminal, and then the giant escalators down to the tram. And then the giant escalators back up...to passport control?  WTF!?!

Apparently when you change from the 2 main terminals you go through passport control. Both ways.

So now I'm in a huge line at passport control. Get through there, take more escalators up, and my gate is at the end of the terminal. I fucking hate this airport.  Get to the gate and the doors are shut. The lady tells me and another guy to go to the service desk.


No comments: