Thursday, October 10, 2019

Madrid Airport

I am not that fond of the Madrid Airport (sorry Madrid!).  When you arrive from outside the EU, you're at the "foreign" terminal.  You have to walk, and walk, and walk uphill, and that's just the freaking jetway!

Then there's a loooong hall with a bunch of moving sidewalks, to get to the escalators.  There's like 3 long escalators to get to the bottom floor.  Then you hit the customs line.

We got here around 7:30 am so it wasn't that bad.  Then a walk, and security again.  They have turnstile things where you scan your boarding pass, which helps. And I didn't have to take off my shoes.

So, security, where I got swiped for explosives.  I'm not sure if it's random or some weird sweat thing.  Then it's another long escalator down, to the tram. 

The waiting area was packed.  I had to wait for the 2nd train to come through.  Then it's up all those escalators to get to the main terminal. 

From here it splits off, assuming you know which terminal you need. If it's more than about 2 hours until your flight leaves, then it just says HJK, which are the 3 terminals on this side.

I have 3 hours, so I looked for food.  I stopped at this pastry/sandwich place and got an egg and bacon croissant.  It's not what you think. The bacon was more like ham cut off the bacon bits of the pig.  I took it off.   The egg was more like a really chunky egg salad/deviled egg.  It was pretty good!  Frank - I ate eggs and they didn't make me sick.

So now I'm on the backside if the K terminal, which is quieter because the gates are on the other side.

More later.

No comments: