Thursday, July 10, 2008

Banking Business

I had to go to the bank yesterday to get some money, because the ATM won't talk to my bank in the US. It was an interesting experience. There were about 4 tellers, and there were those rope-things, separating the lines for each teller. But apparently, the lines are just a suggestion. I got in a short line behind 2 guys, standing at the counter together. A few minutes later an old man came by me and stood right next to them. I looked at him, and he saw me and gestured me forward to stand closer, so I moved up. When one of the 2 guys finished, the teller looked up and the old man gestured to me, as being the next person in line. So I did my business – got some money out. Other customers pressed up closer behind and beside me, but no one touched me or anything. And then I finished and said khalas and left. It was a little weird to have everyone listening to my business, but no one else seemed to care either way.

No comments: