Wednesday, July 16, 2008

More Posts Soon!

There's been a lot going on, so I haven't had much chance to post. I went out with my Peer Facilitator and her friend, I've had tons of homework, and I went abaya shopping! And yes, I will post a picture of me in the abaya. All the Omani women wear them, some even wear the niqab (mask) as well. So we thought we'd try wearing them. Sometimes when we're out and about we get stared at. And if I'm by myself I always make sure my hair is covered, so men don't get the wrong idea.

As a side note, I was introduced to something called a Break candybar. At first I thought it was just a KitKat knock-off, except that it's made with sugar and it's better than a KitKat. There are some crazy parts of the world where they don't believe in high fructose corn syrup.

And - the Khareef festival officially kicked off last night! I recorded some dancing, but I can't process the camera file on my computer. I may try to get Frank to do that for me (if I can get the darn thing uploaded). Otherwise you'll have to wait until I get home. We're almost at the half-way point, so it won't be long now.

No comments: