Saturday, July 19, 2008

Grease Galore

Breakfast is interesting at our hotel. It's a buffet, and it's basically the same thing everyday, with slight variations. My main breakfast is omelets, chicken sausages, and a starch ("saulted potatoes," "mush potatoes," potato patties etc.). The omelets are basically a crepe-thin omelet: plain, cheese, spinach, or marsala (bell peppers, onion). The chicken sausages are my favorite thing to discuss though - they're hot dogs. So yes, everyday for breakfast I have fried eggs and a hot dog. And some kind of potato. But the egg and hot dog are my main source of protein. They also have corn flakes and cocoa puffs, either small pancakes or french toast (but not syrup, only honey), some kind of bean (baked, ful, ful with corn), and some croissants, some stuffed with chocolate. And of course, tea. One day they had camel's milk - it was really good! It was milder than cow's milk, and smoother. So most of our food here is pretty greasy. Which I think is why we feel kind of greasy all the time. But the good news is I'm no longer that picky about hot dogs.

No comments: