Monday, June 30, 2008

Express Yourself (but not with botox!)

We have expressed our discontent, and the program has listened! Our new schedule is: lunch ends at 2:10, then we split into 2 groups. One group meets with peer facilitator from 2:10-3:30, the other from 3:40-5:00. And school ends at 5pm. We are MOST happy with this. Now we actually have time for homework, or wireless, or whatever, so that we don't spend the ENTIRE day till bedtime doing Arabic (I love Arabic, but after a while I need a break).

My conversational Arabic is starting to pick up. I get a little nervous when I have to talk - basically stage fright. It's weird. If the teacher is asking someone else a question, I can answer it, but when they ask me, I get freaked out and forget what I was thinking. I've never had that problem in a class before, only in Arabic. It's getting better now, slowly. I'm hoping it will be completely gone by the time we're done here.

No comments: