Thursday, June 19, 2008

Hotel

We're staying at the L'Enfant Plaza Hotel. It's not bad. It's one of those hotels that's more upscale, but we're in the cheaper rooms. (Kind of like the student rooms for MESA at the Hyatt in Boston.) The floor I'm on does have a swimming pool, which seemed to excite people.

I had to pay $10.95 for 24 hours of wifi, but I seem to be in the middle of a hotel wasteland. Maybe tomorrow I can find a coffee shop somewhere, but right now I'm jonesing for my Internet.

I met a girl in the program at the airport, and she had met another one, so we shared a mini-van cab to the hotel. Grand total: $16.80. Not bad at all!

We have a "meet and greet" soon, and that's it for tonight. Tomorrow is full up though: breakfast, meetings, luncheon, meetings, dinner reception. Then I have Saturday free until about 3 pm. So I may actually get to explore DC a bit. Cool!

No comments: