Saturday, June 21, 2008

Not Yahoo!

Fuginay, blogger works. I couldn't use my pop e-mail, or Yahoo, or even UArk! They just sit and do nothing.

We're at the gate! We had a lovely 45 minute ride to Dulles, on a bus with almost no air. Then a 30-40 minutes line at security. There were actually 2 lines, but the other one moved 3-4 times faster than my line. I am not joking. When I finally got to the front, a TSA dude was saying to get more people there because our line wasn't moving. Then I had a long walk and bus and walk to another terminal. The "bus" is one of those big platforms that you walk into and they drive you to the other side of the airport. Cool! I kept thinking it would be good transportation in case of a zombie attack (yes, I'm a geek).

Anyhoo, I may be dehydrated and rambling a bit. It is almost impossible to get ice tea here! I found a place down from the gate with a Lipton ice tea machine. I stood in line, while the slow-ass dude conversed with the customer in front of me, and finally made it up to the front.

ME: I'd like a large ice tea.
IDIOT: [gets funny look on face] It's in the bottle. (He had a slow, almost surfer accent.)
ME: But there's a machine for ice tea right there.
IDIOT: Oh, that doesn't work. It hasn't worked for a while.
ME: You've got to be kidding me. [a bit testy]
IDIOT: You're like the first person to ask for ice tea in 3 weeks. [smiles]
ME: [shakes head, walks away muttering to myself about being in the middle of nowhere]

Anyway, I finally got my tea at a To Go part of a restaurant. They didn't even have ice tea at the orientation! At the catered lunch I had to ask someone for an iced tea. The girl from North Carolina saw me and asked me where I'd gotten it and we commiserated over the lack of civilization in this part of the country.

No comments: