Sunday, June 15, 2008

Yet Another Update

It's getting close now! I can't believe how much crap I've had to take care of - and not just for the trip. For the trip I had to turn in a ton of paperwork and write an essay and fill out surveys. I completely bombed my telephone Arabic pre-test. I just blanked. I knew what the guy was asking me, but I couldn't even think of what I wanted to say in English! Oh well, no where to go but up. Since I'll be gone for 2 months I also had to get everything done that will become due while I'm gone. Like cleaning out my office, re-registering my dog (we're a therapy team!), signing up for student insurance, moving stuff into storage and donating clothes, etc. And then there's the buying: travel alarm clock, carry-on bag, adapters, converters, enough vitamins for the whole shebang. I even got a skirt - I haven't worn a skirt/dress since 2000! I'm trying to cram everything into one large suitcase, so I got some of those space-saver travel bags. Now I'm down to the last-minute minutiae that pops up.

No comments: